Details for the next KHL season has been announced. Read more»
Belarus Open League
- League status: Active
- English name: Открытого (международного) чемпионата Республики Беларусь
- Administered by: Belarussian Hockey Federation
- Head manager: Evgeny Vorsin
- Year of start: 1993
- WWW: http://www.hockey.by, http://extraliga.stats.pointstreak.com/scoreboard.html
Did you find any incorrect or incomplete information? Please, let us know.
|1.||Sergei Zadelenov||C||Polimir Novopolotsk||17||12||5||17||2|
|2.||Igor Davydov||F||Yunost Minsk||17||9||8||17||28|
|3.||Gennady Savilov||F||Tivali Minsk||18||11||4||15||8|
|4.||Sergei Pigulevsky||F||Polimir Novopolotsk||18||6||9||15||24|
|5.||Dmitri Selyanin||F||Neman Grodno||16||6||9||15||2|
|6.||Yuri Chukh||RW||Neman Grodno||18||8||6||14||4|
|7.||Vladimir Kalenitsky||F||Polimir Novopolotsk||16||7||7||14||24|
|8.||Artur Lachauniek||D||Polimir Novopolotsk||18||4||10||14||45|
|9.||Oleg Runets||D||Polimir Novopolotsk||18||0||14||14||16|
|10.||Roman Romanenko||F||Polimir Novopolotsk||16||8||4||12||12|
In the season 2012-2013 Belarusian Extraliga championship is held in three stages. During the first stage, 11 teams play a round robin in 4 rounds
Schedule. In the first phase of the team divided into two groups : "A" - the team that took 1 - 6 seats, the "B" - the team that took 7 - 11 seats.
In the second stage the team in their subgroups played in two rounds. The scores from the first stage are reserved. In a subgroup of the "A" determines the winner of the regular season and the team, ranked from 2 to 6. In a subgroup of the "B" played place from 7 to 11.
In the third stage, six teams of sub-group "A" and the team that took place on 7 and 8 in group "B" refer to the final place in the Championship play-offs.
The total number of players that are in the application list, the first team from September 1, 2012 and before April 30, 2013 shall not exceed 25 people, including at least two goalkeepers and no more than four foreigners ( four field players ). Age players - participants of the championship in Extraliga season 2012/2013 - no older than 28 years old (born in 1984). allowed to make a request to 7 players older than the specified age.
The structure of the matches in the play-offs:
- In the ¼ finals meet the team according to the taken place in the second stage: 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5. In the ½ finals contenders are determined by the following principle: the team, which finished in the second stage of a higher place, meets with the team, who took a lower place;
- Games are held ¼ to 3 wins, ½ finals and finals - to 4 wins one of the teams;
- The game for third place is not provided. Third place was awarded to one of the losers in the ½ finals teams placing in the regular season, the highest place;
- The team that took the highest place on the 2nd stage, the first two games at home spend ¼ finals, return two - on the road, if you need the fifth - at home. In the ½ finals and final of the team that took the highest place in the regular season, the first two games were held at home, return two - on the road, if necessary, the fifth - at home, the sixth - on the road, the seventh - at home.
If the playoffs end in a draw, is assigned an additional period of 20 minutes, with a fill of ice. Teams change ends. Unused time penalty remains in force. In the extra period the game continues until the first of goals. The team, throw the puck is the winner. Play-offs are conducted without shoot-throws. The number of additional periods is limited. In the playoff games in overtime Extraliga for each team plays six players, regardless of their game role.
- 2011-2012: Metallurg Zhlobin
- 2010-2011: Yunost Minsk
- 2009-2010: Yunost Minsk
- 2008-2009: Yunost Minsk
- 2007-2008: Keramin Minsk
- 2006-2007: Dinamo Minsk
- 2005-2006: Yunost Minsk
- 2004-2005: Yunost Minsk
- 2003-2004: Yunost Minsk
- 2002-2003: HK Gomel
- 2001-2002: HK Minsk
- 2000-2001: Neman Grodno
- 1999-2000: Tivali Minsk
- 1998-1999: Neman Grodno
- 1997-1998: Neman Grodno
- 1996-1997: Polimir Novopolotsk
- 1995-1996: Polimir Novopolotsk
- 1994-1995: Tivali Minsk
- 1993-1994: Tivali Minsk
- 1992-1993: Tivali Minsk
- Eastern European Hockey League died in the cradle (22 May 2013)
- Belarus League faces deep crisis (23 Apr 2013)
- Liepaja Metalurgs forces to retire from Belarusian Open League and MHL (25 Mar 2013)
- Andrei Kostitsyn expelled from team Belarus (02 Feb 2013)
- Ukraine and Belarus want to resurrect Eastern European Hockey League (16 Jan 2013)
Vasili Spiridonov Coach of the Year in Belarus
Vice-Champion Metallurg Zhlobin coach Vasili Spiridonov was awarded as Coach of the Year in Belarus. Spiridonov preceded Neman Grodno's Dmitri Kravchenko, and Gomel's Andrei Skabelka(31 May 2013)
Andrei Skabelka resigned as coach of Belarus
Head coach of Belarus Andrei Skabelka won't have his contract renewed by the Federation
"Federation doesn't offer a contract extension. Conversation took place about a possible further development. But it is believed that the team should be lead by a foreign coach" - said Skabelka.
Rumours are about a comeback of Canadian Glen Hanlon who was Belarus headcoach from 2004 to 2006 and in 2008. Last week Hanlon left his charge at Vancouver Giants saying he accepted a work in Europe
Zakharov remains at Yunost
After having announced his retirement as coach in March, today Mikhail Zakharov confirmed he will remain at Yunost Minsk most likely as Sports Director(15 May 2013)
Gomel announces new coach
Belarusian Valeri Voronin will be the new coach at Gomel after the departure of Andrei Skabelka. Voronin was on Metalurgs Liepaja bench in last three seasons(28 Apr 2013)
Awards in Belarus
Belarus Federation announces the winners of awards after the last season:
Best Goalkeeper - Dmitri Milchakov (Metalurg Zhlobin)
Best Defender - Andrei Antonov (Neman Grodno)
Best Forward - Andrei Makrov (Neman Grodno)
Best Defensive Forward - Artem Senkevich (Gomel)
Best Young Player - Evgeny Lisovets (Neman Grodno)
Berkut Kyiv asked to join Belarusian League
Berkut Kyiv has asked at Belarusian Fedration to allow them into the BOL, after Ukranian Federation disqualified the club from Professional Hockey League (PHL) for financial non-fullfilments.
"We were approached by Berkut Kyiv with a request to allow them to participate in Belarus Open League. Team has to solve issues with their federation, but if Berkut will be able to join us, will be great to have another foreign team, " said Federation President Evgeny Vorsin
New coach at Gomel
After the resignation of coach Andrei Skabelka, HK Gomel announces the new coach for the next season: the former player Oleg Romanov, this season acting as assistant coach(25 Mar 2013)
Set for finals in Belarus(18 Mar 2013)
Dmitri Dudik named new coach at Vitebsk(14 Mar 2013)
Andrei Skabelka resigns as Gomel coach
After the 2-0 loss against Junior Minsk and the elimination of Gomel from Belarus Open League playoffs, coach Andrei Skabelka announces his resignation
"Our opponent today played with heart. I fully take the blame, I could not prepare the team for the playoffs. I want to apologize the fans of Gomel. In this situation, I make the decision to resign. I did not cope with the task. It is sad, but true"
Skabelka is also National team coach