IIHF allocated 28 tournaments for 2014, from Iceland to Korea. First ever partecipation for Hong Kong, Mexico's women's and Poland's women's U18. Read more»
Polska Liga Hokejowa
- League status: Active
- English name: Polish Hockey League
Did you find any incorrect or incomplete information? Please, let us know.
|1.||Leszek Laszkiewicz||LW||Cracovia Krakow||47||35||32||67||38||32|
|2.||Marian Kacir||LW||Podhale Nowy Targ||63||25||39||64||86||33|
|3.||Richard Hartmann||LW||Cracovia Krakow||50||23||24||47||48||15|
|4.||Jaroslaw Rozanski||D/F||Podhale Nowy Targ||35||27||19||46||40||22|
|5.||Marcin Jaros||F||TH Unia Oświecim||37||24||19||43||94||9|
|6.||Adrian Parzyszek||C||GKS Tychy||34||23||18||41||44||23|
|7.||Zdenek Jurasek||F||Stoczniowiec Gdansk||36||13||27||40||10||28|
|8.||Wojciech Wojtarowicz||F||TH Unia Oświecim||45||15||23||38||28||2|
|9.||Damian Slabon||F||Cracovia Krakow||49||15||22||37||8||11|
|10.||Peter Hurtaj||C||Stoczniowiec Gdansk||35||14||23||37||10||29|
- from 1926 to 1999: Polish League
- from 1999 to present: Polska Liga Hokejowa
- 2012-2013: Cracovia Krakow
- 2011-2012: KH Sanok
- 2010-2011: Cracovia Krakow
- 2009-2010: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 2008-2009: Cracovia Krakow
- 2007-2008: Cracovia Krakow
- 2006-2007: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 2005-2006: Cracovia Krakow
- 2004-2005: GKS Tychy
- 2003-2004: Dwory S.S.A. Unia Oświecim
- 2002-2003: Dwory S.S.A. Unia Oświecim
- 2001-2002: Dwory S.S.A. Unia Oświecim
- 2000-2001: Dwory S.S.A. Unia Oświecim
- 1999-2000: Dwory S.S.A. Unia Oświecim
- 1998-1999: KS Unia Oświecim
- 1997-1998: KS Unia Oświecim
- 1996-1997: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1995-1996: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1994-1995: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1993-1994: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1992-1993: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1991-1992: KS Unia Oświecim
- 1990-1991: Polonia Bytom
- 1989-1990: Polonia Bytom
- 1988-1989: Polonia Bytom
- 1987-1988: Polonia Bytom
- 1986-1987: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1985-1986: Polonia Bytom
- 1984-1985: Zaglebie Sosnowiec
- 1983-1984: Polonia Bytom
- 1982-1983: Zaglebie Sosnowiec
- 1981-1982: Zaglebie Sosnowiec
- 1980-1981: Zaglebie Sosnowiec
- 1979-1980: Zaglebie Sosnowiec
- 1978-1979: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1977-1978: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1976-1977: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1975-1976: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1974-1975: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1973-1974: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1972-1973: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1971-1972: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1970-1971: Podhale Nowy Targ
- 1969-1970: GKS Katowice
- 1967-1968: GKS Katowice
- 1964-1965: GKS Katowice
- 1963-1964: UHKS Mazowsze Legia Warszawa
- 1962-1963: UHKS Mazowsze Legia Warszawa
- 1961-1962: Górnik Katowice
- 1960-1961: UHKS Mazowsze Legia Warszawa
- 1959-1960: Górnik Katowice
- 1958-1959: UHKS Mazowsze Legia Warszawa
- 1957-1958: Górnik Katowice
- 1956-1957: UHKS Mazowsze Legia Warszawa
- 1955-1956: UHKS Mazowsze Legia Warszawa
- 1954-1955: UHKS Mazowsze Legia Warszawa
- 1953-1954: UHKS Mazowsze Legia Warszawa
- 1952-1953: UHKS Mazowsze Legia Warszawa
- 1951-1952: UHKS Mazowsze Legia Warszawa
- 1950-1951: UHKS Mazowsze Legia Warszawa
- 1949-1950: KTH Krynica
- 1948-1949: Cracovia Krakow
- 1947-1948: Cracovia Krakow
- 1946-1947: Cracovia Krakow
- 1945-1946: Cracovia Krakow
- 1930-1931: AZS Warszawa
- 1929-1930: AZS Warszawa
- 1928-1929: AZS Warszawa
- 1927-1928: AZS Warszawa
- 1926-1927: AZS Warszawa
- Slovakian clubs rejected the entrance of Polish clubs in Extraliga (12 Apr 2013)
- Welcome back Cracovia! (03 Apr 2013)
- Ukraine and Belarus want to resurrect Eastern European Hockey League (16 Jan 2013)
- Situation in Podhale continues confused (23 Apr 2012)
- "We are respected in the international hockey society" (10 Apr 2012)
Miroslav Ihnačák new coach at Polonia Bytom
Newly promoted Polonia Bytom announces Slovak-Canadian Miroslav Ihnačák as new head coach. Ihnačák, 51, signed a three-years contract.
"We want to build a team in perspective, so the coach must know that is part of a long-term project" said club President Marek Stebnicki.
Current coach Andrzej Secemski will remain as assistant coach
Karol Pawlik leaves GKS Tychy
After 11 years as GKS Tychy GM, Karol Pawlik announces he leaves the club.
Under Pawlik's direction Tychy won one title in 2005 and four Polish Cup
"Things begin and things end. Today I close my long work at GKS Tychy. I want to thank all the players, fans and journalists for the amazing moments that given to me with this beloved club. I open a new chapter in my life in another place, but my heart forever will be in Tychy" said Pawlik
GKS Tychy fires coach Vodila
Jan Vodila is no longer the coach of GKS Tychy. His former assistant Peter Kremen will be the new coach
"We were not happy with Vodila's work. The team has a lot more potential than it showed so far"said Karol Pawlik, Director of hockey section. "New coach Peter Kremen has already led the first training. We'll see how it will be presented the team under his leadership"
Dominik Salamon will continue as assistant coach.(12 Dec 2012)
Nesta Toruń withdrew from Polish League
Nesta Toruń withdrew from Polish Hockey League. The main reason are financial troubles. At the beginning of October strategic sponsor, company name Karawela, resolved a sponsorship deal with club, which was in fact the end of the team.
Polish Federation decided that all results from Nesta (except of game Nesta - Sanok played 24th of September - this game was moved from November) are valid due to Nesta played two full rounds - 13 games "on ice". The 14th game, which should to be played on Oct 14th, is awarded 5-0 to Sanok (Nesta withdrew from PLH on Oct, 15th).
Since 16th of October, when 3rd round started, in PLH play seven teams.(19 Oct 2012)
Lockout a marketing chance for small leagues?
In recent weeks many NHLers found their way to the leagues in Europe but most of them concentrated on the traditional hockey super powers like Russia, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Germany etc (1st and 2nd tier). After recent signings of Dustin Jeffrey (Tilburg Trappers, Netherlands) and Wojtek Wolski (KH Sanok, Poland) maybe more players use the lockout to make advertising for the fastest team sport on earth.(06 Oct 2012)
Polish Federation names coaches’ staff
During the last meeting of Polish Ice Hockey Federation, the Board named the coaches' staff, excepted the head coach that will be nominated later. The national team assistents will be Marek Ziętara and Jacek Płachta. Both coached in last Polish League: Zietara at MMKS Podhale Nowy Targ and Plachta at champion KH Sanok.
Jarosław Morawiecki will be the new coach of U20 team, Tomasz Demkowicz of the U18 team and Marek Kozyra will lead women team.
News from Polish Federation
In the first Board meeting after the elections, Polish Federation takes some decisions:
- National team headcoach Wiktor Pysz was fired and will be replaced with a foreign coach appointed in the next few weeks. Also Marian Pysz left his charge as head of national coaches, replaced by Tomasz Rutkowski.
- Wojciech Mądrala is the new referees coordinator
- The women prequalification tournament for Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics will be held at the end of September 2012 in Jastrzebie.
- In the season 2012/13 teams partecipating in Polish Hockey League can have six foreign players. In the First Division club can register 3 foreigners in next season and none in the following seasons.
- Season 2012/13 will begin on 9 September in Katowice, where GKS will face the Polish champion Sanok.
- Every team must allign minimum four youth players (five in First League) and maximum five players over 35 years
Lukas Riha suspended two years for doping
Unia Oświęcim Czech forward Lukáš Říha was disqualified for two years due to positive result in doping control. He was tested after game Unia-JKH on March, 14th. Test confirmed four prohibited substances: amphetamine, methamphetamine (D-), levmethamfetamine and pholedrine. Suspension is valid for all competitions organized by the IIHF.(04 Jun 2012)
Piotr Halasik is the new President of Polish Federation
Sosnowiec businessman Piotr Halasik is the new President of Polish Hockey Federation. He was elected by the General Assembly with 45 votes. His opponent, Jacek Chadziński, received just 12 preferences. Main sponsor of team Zaglebie Sosnowiec and owner of company Energysteel, Halasik takes over from Zdzislaw Ingielewicz.
"This job is social work. I did not come here for the position and for the money. I came here to achieve success - said Halasik - I want hockey become the second team sport in Poland, as it was in the late 70th and 80"
Kazimierz Szynal, Adam Zięba, Mariusz Wołosz, Dawid Chwałka, Andrzej Skowroński, Marta Zawadzka and Piotr Demiańczuk will form the Board(26 May 2012)
Krzysztof Oliwa wanted by police
Former NHLer Krzysztof Oliwa is wanted by Tychy police since last year.
According to the prosecutor's office the athlete had fraudulently obtained credit from banks in 2009. Oliwa produced proof of employment to an applicant for a loan. But this person has not worked for th player. When the police wanted to question 39-year-old Oliwa in connection with the investigation, he didn't showed up at prosecutor office. For this reason, the prosecutor decided to issue an arrest warrant for him. He can face until 8 years of prison.